Saturday, November 10, 2012

Post Seven......LIFE IS A MEDITATION


LIFE IS A MEDITATION
By Pam Cooper



Today in our morning meditation I received a message that life is a mediation.  As these words came to me there were hawks calling from both east and west.  The calling went on and off for a long time. I would open my eyes briefly and it would start up again.  I know that hawk is the messenger and knew it was time to listen.  There was so much energy around this that I could not deny it.  They continued this until I went and got my laptop computer and started writing the words that was coming to me.

Life is a meditation when you become the witness of your thoughts, emotions, actions and reactions to life.  It is a state of being and allows one to observe the interplay of your inner and outer worlds.  In this witness state I can be more aware of my inner world which allows me to make certain choices before the outer world decides to give you a thump on the head.




Recently, I observed a reaction of jealousy and envy to a success of a friend.  My ego was asking me questions like why can’t you do that.  The ego kept grinding away at me.  You should do this or that.  Why don’t you do more?  What’s wrong with you?  

Each morning David and I always share our dreams, awareness, and wisdoms.  I shared with him that I had a tinge of jealousy and envy when I read about a friend’s success.  It was a fleeting moment, but there it was none-the-less.  I thought how petty to not be able to celebrate someone’s success and realizing that was not who I want to be even for a fleeting moment.  

As we talked I realized that I did not want to put the time and energy into becoming that kind of success that I saw in this individual.  The reason being was that was not really what I wanted to do.  Further more, it was not who I am.


Each day is a new beginning

 I now know the importance of truly understanding who you are as well as the clarity of purpose for this lifetime.  It gave me strength to withstand the pressures of the ego.  Once I realized this is not who I am or what I wanted to do with my life it diffused the chatter of the ego and I was once again back into my heart and on my own unique path for my journey.  The stress and the anxiety left my body, the mind was silent, and I was at peace again.

Gratitude returned as my Magic Heart opened and I returned to living in a state of harmony with the perfection of life.  Life is a mediation of constant observation of the inner and outer world and it gave me the opportunity for tweaking my course.  



No comments:

Post a Comment